1. All reference to “The Sports Complex” refers to the Kompleks Sukan Universiti Brunei Darussalam, its staff, employees, sub-contractors, agents and representatives. Facilities refer to the fields, courts, gymnasium, changing rooms, lounges, studios, canteen, pantries, and offices where applicable.
2. Kompleks Sukan Universiti Brunei Darussalam’s staff reserves the right to perform random identification checks and refuse any guest to ensure the safety and security of all patrons using the facility.
3. Tobacco, gum and spitting is strictly prohibited inside The Sports Complex’s facilities. Food and drinks are strictly permissible at lounge(s), café(s), canteen and pantry area only.
4. The Sports Complex is not responsible for any personal items left behind, losses or theft.
5. The Sports Complex reserves the right to vary the opening hours as considered necessary for the proper operation of The Sports Complex. Notification of adjustments to the hours of operation will be posted on a timely basis.
6. The Sports Complex reserves the right to cordoned off any of the facility for the purpose of maintenance, cleaning, servicing and any other necessary work that needs to be carried out.
7. The Sports Complex reserves the right to use the facilities for special events, competitions and private functions and may cordoned off the area from members, guest and other patrons.
8. Kompleks Sukan Universiti Brunei Darussalam (“The Sports Complex”) reserves the right whether to accept or approve any membership application without assigning any reason of the rejection.
9. By signing membership registration form the applicant agrees to the terms and conditions contained herein.
10. Members of The Sports Complex, as a condition of membership are to comply with the rules set out below. This is to ensure that the facilities are properly and safely used and that all members have full advantage of them without interfering with the enjoyment of others.
11. All of the membership rules contained herein apply equally to members, guests and visitors alike.
12. Eligibility to apply for $60 per year membership; enrolled students, current UBD full time employees and alumni of UBD (must show proof such as UBD Certificate or previous UBD ID).
13. Public are eligible to apply for $180 per year membership.
14. By becoming a member, the member must download the Qommunity App and Igloohome App. The applicant can go to the reception desk and fill in the membership form or by completing the online Membership Form through Google Forms.
15. All Kompleks Sukan Universiti Brunei Darussalam’s facilities are free for eligible members except for game facilities, rooms and instructor class sessions.
16. Membership fees are strictly non-refundable and non-transferable. The Sports Complex reserves the right to withdraw the member’s membership without refund if the management has found out that the member have permitted another individual to use his or her membership. 2
17. All members must be over 12 years old to avail of the facilities and services provided at The Sport Complex. Children below 12 years old must be under parents or instructors supervision in order to use The Sport Complex’s facilities and services.
18. Entry will only be permitted to those with a valid membership, in date and in credit. If you have an amount due to be paid on your account you won’t be able to enter the building.
19. As a member you agree to comply with the rules of The Sports Complex with regards to use of the facilities opening hours and your conduct. The Sports Complex may make reasonable changes to these rules, from time to time, provided The Sports Complex gives advance notice of these changes.
20. In the event of a breach of membership rules and regulations The Sports Complex reserves the right of admission and reserves the right to require any member or guest to leave the premises. Any member found in breach of rules or committing an illegal act, including theft, will be asked to permanently leave the club and be barred from ever entering the club again.
21. All members, guests and other patrons must conduct themselves properly and respect staff directives while using The Sports Complex’s facilities. Users should co-operate fully with The Sports Complex’s staff to ensure safe and successful operations.
22. The Sports Complex reserves the right to vary the opening hours as considered necessary for the proper operation of The Sports Complex.
23. Notification of adjustments to the hours of operation will be posted on a timely basis.
24. All entry and exit must be through the main entrance where the reception desk is.
25. Members must access the facilities with their own Bluetooth key from the Igloohome App using their own mobile.
26. Any access by Bluetooth Key not belonging to the bearer or of suspicious nature will be reprimanded immediately. The bearer and member may face a suspension of access to The Sports Complex for a period of time.
27. The members are entitled to bring maximum two (2) guests each time and guests of members are welcome to use the facilities and services of The Sports Complex. Guests will only be eligible to access The Sports Complex with the presence or when accompanied by the member.
28. All guest must present a photo ID to the security before being allowed into the building.
29. Members are responsible for the conduct of their guest and must accompany their guests at all times inside The Sports Complex compound and when using the facilities.
SAFETY AND HYGIENE
30. You may, at your own discretion and expense, obtain personal insurance for loss, injury or damage that you might sustain arising from use of The Sports Complex. You exercise or play at your own discretion. Any injury or illness brought on by exercise is your own responsibility.
31. If an injury occurs or emergencies when using The Sports Complex’s facilities, please contact a member of the sport complex staff immediately.
32. If you feel dizzy, faint, unwell and/or feel any unusual pain, then you must stop exercising and inform a member or staff immediately.
33. Participants in instructors’ classes are advised to inform the instructor of any injuries, pains, or concerns prior to the class starting.
34. It is strongly recommended that each member have a medical examination and physician approval prior to engaging in any physical activity within the premises.
35. Members are responsible for any health problems incurred upon using The Sports Complex’s facilities.
36. The member and his/her guest must wear appropriate attire or sports attire and footwear when entering The Sports Complex.
37. Unsupervised children 12 years and below are prohibited in The Sports Complex compound.
FACILITIES RESERVATION PROCEDURES
38. All facilities as listed below can be reserved only by The Sports Complex registered members. I. Court(s) II. Field(s) III. Swimming Pool IV. VIP Room V. Lounge Area VI. Gym VII. Studio(s)
39. All reservations and bookings can be made through the booking app (Qommunity) or by completing the online Booking Form from Google Forms.
40. Venue reservation are only confirm after full payment is made prior to the booking date and time.
41. The users shall be identified and monitored to stay within their reserved venue, courts and/or fields at the specified date and time.
42. Wait for your scheduled reserved time and do not exceed the reserved time schedule.
43. Long term venue booking i. For example: every Thursday and Saturday from 4:30PM to 6:30PM July until December or every Sunday Morning every month. ii. User can only book the venue monthly (user have to rebook every month).
44. Payment procedures;
i. Full payment is required for reserving the venue, courts and/or fields at least 3 days before the event. No payment received, the venue, courts and/or fields will be open for other members to book.
ii. No refund and cancellation request shall be entertain after booking is confirmed.
iii. Cash payment can be made at Kompleks Sukan Universiti Brunei Darussalam’s Reception. 4
iv. Online payment can be done to OSCO SDN BHD bank account: 00-001-01-0013584.
v. Payments made through the reception shall be given official receipt through email upon completed full payment.
vi. For online payments, the official receipt shall be sent through email or WhatsApp message.
45. Reschedule or changes on the reservation:
i. Changes of reserved venue, courts and/or fields or reschedule shall be accepted if made at least three (3) working days prior to the reserved date and is subject to the venue availability.
ii. Any reschedule or changes request made and received less than three (3) working days shall not be entertain.
46. In case of any bad weather on the day of the event, the user may either reschedule or move to a different location within the Sports Complex with additional cost incurred.
SWIMMING POOL POLICIES
47. All members and guests must register at the reception area prior using the swimming pool.
48. The swimming pool shall be opened as stated except such time when the facility will be closed for cleaning or maintenance.
49. Use of the pool by children under 12 years that are unattended is prohibited. A parent or guardian must supervise them.
50. Appropriate swimming attire must be worn – made of synthetic material such as Lycra or Spandex. Cotton materials and other absorbent materials are not allowed as it can cause clogging of the filtration system.
51. Do not swim if you have open wounds, sores, flu or any type of bandage on your body. Please be considerate to others as we do not want to infect other users using the swimming pool.
52. Any usage of detergents are strictly not allowed in the swimming pool.
53. Each swimmer must shower prior to entering the pool and after use of the toilet.
54. Change of clothing must be carried out in the respective changing rooms.
55. Any hazardous items that may cause hazard to the swimming pool user are strictly prohibited e.g glass ware, sharp objects, electrical items, etc.
56. Members and guests are expected to behave on a sensible and polite manner. Any behavior deemed inappropriate or dangerous will not be allowed.
57. Activities potentially harmful to swimmers (horseplay, dunking, running and fighting) will not be tolerated.
58. Smoking, spitting and littering in the swimming pool and within the surrounding area are strictly prohibited.
59. Do not leave your personal belongings unattended. If required, you may obtain the key locker from the security. Any items found at the locker will be cleared the following day.
60. Security on duty reserves the right to stop and question any person who violate the rules and regulations of the swimming pool.
61. Accidents should be reported immediately to the lifeguard on duty or to the security on duty.
62. All members and guests using the swimming pool area do so at their own risk and sole responsibility. OSCO Sdn Bhd accepts no responsibility or liability arising from the use of the swimming pool.